We are searching for an enthusiastic, passionate Executive Director with proven experience in the addiction treatment/behavioral health space as well as a track record of growing programs and engaging staff in an organization’s mission.
The Executive Director is responsible for all day-to-day operations of a growing, full-service agency that comprises three facilities offering programs across American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) levels of care, from prevention/community education to outpatient and inpatient behavioral health services. Keystone serves adults, youth and adolescents primarily in a three-county region. Executive Director candidates are experienced in managing key functions in a behavioral health system, including staff, marketing and development, state and accreditation compliance, finance, utilization and admissions. The Executive Director must be able to build strong teams, collaborate with community and state stakeholders, elected officials, and partner closely with the Board of Directors, which is the hiring authority.
Keystone is an ideal public-private partnership as it serves as York County’s substance abuse authority as designated by York County Council and is also 501(c)(3) organization. Keystone is situated in Rock Hill, SC, along the North Carolina border near Charlotte. The region offers a wonderful climate for both weather and business, excellent school systems and a robust growth rate. With the growth comes a higher case load of people suffering from substance abuse, particularly among our younger population. The challenges and opportunities are huge for a new Executive Director to make a lasting impact on the region.
• Demonstrate proven leadership and a willingness to work alongside team members
• Possess exceptional organizational and communications skills
• Possess strong business acumen and a working knowledge of operations and finance in a behavioral health care setting
• Exude confidence, inspire others and expect accountability of staff and him/herself
• Value integrity and ethical business practices above all
• Assures compliance with CARF and all federal, state and county regulatory authorities.
• Advocates for Keystone in the community, with all groups, organizations, agencies and interested parties.
• Responds promptly to all inquiries from local, state or federal authorities regarding Keystone matters.
• Directs preparation and submission of all reports, programmatic and administrative, to the Board of Directors and organizations to which Keystone is accountable.
• Directs acquisition of funding adequate to carry out the mandated responsibilities of Keystone.
• Directs long and short-range planning functions to keep abreast of current and projected agency needs in all services.
• Ensures that all Keystone services and service providers are licensed and/or certified and meet all credentialing and contract standards.
• Requires regular and reliable attendance.
QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree or above, preferably in public administration or healthcare management field. Minimum five (5) years of management experience with documented responsibility leading teams, managing budgets and building programs. Candidates have a working knowledge of addiction, recovery and its dynamics.
SUPERVISOR: Board of Directors
TRAVEL: Travel is primarily local during the business day or to the state capital in Columbia, SC. Some overnight travel may be expected.
COMPENSATION: Keystone offers a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits and flexible work schedule.
Keystone ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.