Keystone Substance Services is a private not-for-profit organization with a $6 million budget and almost 100 employees. Keystone is part of a statewide network of providers of prevention, intervention and outpatient/ inpatient treatment services for persons affected by substance use disorders. To learn more, visit www.keystsoneyork.org.
Keystone is a complex nonprofit organization with a large number of programs and departments. Keystone has a diversified funding base that includes federal, state and local public funding streams; Medicaid, commercial insurance and self-pay program revenue; and donations, grants and fundraising from special events.
Keystone seeks an accounting professional with strong desire to build a career in a mission-driven organization. This person will considered for Finance Director, part of executive management team, in 2-5 years
• understand the finances of all Keystone programs and departments, and will communicate results to various staff, managers, directors, funders and other stakeholders
• develop the annual budget for approval by Board of Directors
• maintain an ethical business culture of internal controls and segregation of duties
• oversee the general ledger, cash receipts/disbursements, cash management and timely monthly and annual closing processes
• prepare for annual audit including; develop GAAP financial statements and disclosures, related audit schedules, and review the IRS 990.
• supports community relations events and efforts of the organization attends monthly board meetings, presenting finance report
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required; Masters and/or CPA preferred.
• Two to five years’ experience in either public accounting (audit and financial statement preparation) or industry experience in a complex organization.
• Superior spoken and written communication, whether via email, a one on one meeting, or speaking publicly. Possess ability to explain complex concepts to a non-finance audience.
• Outstanding computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database and accounting software and strong desire to improve and apply these skills.
• Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting software, preferably in the non-profit environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and function at full capacity in a busy, distracting environment. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use close vision, distance vision, and be able to adjust focus; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and/or move supplies weighing up to 25 pounds.
Keystone EEO Statement:
Keystone provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Keystone expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
How to apply: Along with your resume, submit a cover letter stating why you are interested in working for Keystone in the not-for-profit sector. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please submit a letter of interest that includes days and hours you can work, as well as your resume by clicking ‘Submit Application’ below.