York County All On Board – Project Director – Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: The Director will facilitate and convene a county-wide community coalition that will development a strategic action plan to decrease alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and prescription drug use by youth and other community members. The Coordinator will ensure that the coalition includes members from 12 key community sectors and follows the five phases of the CADCA strategic prevention framework to implement key environmental strategies identified by fund source. Knowledge of media literacy and youth leadership skill development plus experience with county-wide schools and systems is necessary to be effective.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Convene and facilitate monthly meetings.
• Recruit and maintain appropriate coalition members from the community, schools, and other sectors identified in the Drug Free Communities Support Program.
• Coordinate an active youth group that will participate in the coalition initiatives in as many York County middle and high schools as possible.
• Guide the coalition through the Strategic Planning Framework by making them aware of the need for the process.
• Coordinate coalition training when necessary.
• Record, maintain, and distribute coalition agendas, minutes, and subcommittee materials.
• Oversee implementation of appropriate environmental strategies as needed or indicated by available data collected from biannual surveys of students or other means.
• Develop and implement a marketing strategy (flyers, brochures, power point presentations) for the dissemination of the Coalition’s work. Assist with the collection of evaluation data in collaboration with the four York County School Districts and other key stakeholders.
• Collaborate and attend trainings with other agencies as needed or directed.
• Maintain a board of directors as directed by the By Laws and conduct a monthly or bi monthly board meeting as needed.
• Participate in community-wide prevention events.
• Prepare an annual report to keep the coalition and community informed about coalition progress.
• Direct acquisition of funds adequate to carry out the mission of YCAOB.
• Develop and maintain YCAOB website.
• Develop a fund raising plan to help sustain the coalition staff and activities from year to year.
• Advocate for York County All On Board by being involved and visible in the community.
ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Awareness of environmental and prevention strategies necessary to help prevent teen substance abuse.
• Ability to work and communicate with diverse groups in York County.
• Ability to demonstrate enthusiasm, generate participation and provide team leadership.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Social Science, Health Education and experience with youth and adults in schools and community settings. Or, minimum of 3 years experience with youth and adults in group settings in the community or schools. Substance abuse prevention knowledge is needed to be effective.
• Computer competency required (word processing, database management, and Internet familiarity).
Please submit a letter of interest that includes days and hours you can work, as well as your resume by clicking ‘Submit Application’ below.